Sunday, February 10, 2013

Rolled Rosette Variation Tutorial

These are a very cute embellishment, very easy to make, and they are a great way to use up some of that scrap fabric you may accumulate over time. I'll be making a May Day wreath with these later on!

You will need: three 1 in. x 20 in. strips of fabric (these don't need to be perfect by any means), a felt circle about 2 in. across, hot glue gun

1. Stack your fabric strips on top if each other, print facing up.

2. Tie a knot at one end.

3. Use something heavy to hold the knot to a flat surface.

4. Braid the three strips together, keeping the same tension the whole way to keep the braid close to the same width the entire length. (I say this because I'm terrible at it. Thankfully these are very forgiving)

5. When you have about 2 in. of fabric left, tie a knot to finish your braid, pulling it tight. Trim any excess.

6. Glue one of the knots down in the middle of the felt circle. Wrap the braid around the knot. Keep wrapping the braid tightly around itself, using a drop of glue about every half inch between the braid and the felt circle. Keep wrapping until you come to the end knot, which you can glue to the side of the braid.

7. If your felt circle is sticking out, trim off the excess. My circle was wonky, so I had to trim.

You've seen these rosettes in my fab headband tutorial. I love that I can use scraps to make them and they are completely no-sew!

No comments:

Post a Comment