Wednesday, February 6, 2013

I'm Taylor, lovely to meet you!

Taylor here, beginning my adventures as a blogger. I've always loved to write, and I've always loved to craft. It finally hit me that I could combine the two, giving me a chance to do a little more of both.

I'm a sort-of stay at home mom, happily married with two girls (7 and 3) and a boy (4). As the blog title implies, I'm no super mom. I forget it's my kids' turn to bring snack more often than I remember, homework disappears into the abyss that is our home if it strays too far from the back pack where it lives, and I'm late a minimum of 20% of the time. These tendencies have made me into a master of improv.

I don't think I've mentioned yet that we live in a tiny, tiny house. I don't have a fancy craft room or even a kitchen table to work at. I have relegated a corner of the tiny closet in our bedroom for my craft supplies and, until I come up with a more acceptable solution, they live in two cardboard boxes. These boxes are the very same boxes in which they were moved to this house. Because of this, I'll ask you to please excuse my scarred, dyed coffee table and the lack of pictures of my fabulous, extremely neat craft room. This is one reason I believe ANYONE can create crafty fabulousness. If I can manage a giant stash of ribbon and fabric in this house, everyone can find a place.

I've learned you can make something out of just about anything. My craft skills are minimal, meaning any project I post, you can absolutely do, too.

I'll be working on projects of about every sort you can imagine including kids' clothes, hair accessories, women's clothes, jewelry, and home decor.

I hope to see you around for my next post: a tutorial on adorable stretchy fabric headbands. (These were born out of necessity the night before my 7 year old's class pictures.)

No comments:

Post a Comment